Henderson Middle School
Every semester, the students of Henderson Middle School attend Voice to the World as an after-school program from their own motivation. Our students want to learn more about technology, and surpass expectations each semester. They are constantly suggesting new ways to improve their learning experience and capture their perspectives in a creative and unique way. See what they've done so far:
Blogs by the students of Henderson Middle School.
Fall 2010: Students of Henderson Middle School present program ideas to change their school in front of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Richmond Center for Civic Engagement Brown Bag Series. December 3, 2010.
While planning these presentations, students:
- Brainstormed possible ideas to the question: What new program, innovation, or idea can you suggest that would make a positive impact on your school?
- Collaborated in groups to narrow and choose topics.
- Outlined presentations, including points of explanations, evidence, and solutions.
- Designed PowerPoint Slideshows.
- Worked with University of Richmond Speech Center Consultants.
- Practiced and presented at the University of Richmond.
- Baby, Think it Over: A program designed to educate students about the ramifications of teen pregnancy and encourage abstinence.
- Steer Your Career: An initiative pooling resources and professionals from the community to expose Henderson students to different career options.
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind: A detailed plan to enhance the cleanliness of restrooms at Henderson and to offer healthier nutritional options.